The how-to/training schedule for February 2012 has been posted. Visit http://www.shsu.edu/~dl_www/SHSUOnlineTrainingForm.html#signup to sign up today. We have added some new sessions this month. Here is what is being offered:
- SHSU Online Basics
- SHSU Online Intermediate
- SHSU Online Advanced
- Collaborative Learning With Wikis and Blogs
- Using Tegrity: Student Presentations, Remote Proctoring and Video Capture
- Getting Started Activities for your Online Course – New
- Using Classlive: Synchronous Webinars and Presentations (Audio/Video meetings with your class in real time) – New
Remember you can get a “SHSU Online Technical Certification” by attending the Basics, Intermediate and Advanced Sessions.
Don’t see a session that you need? Just let us know and we’d be glad to meet your needs!
Over the break, Tegrity was updated with some great new features. From Twitter hashtags to managing student and test recordings, these features will make Tegrity more flexible and engaging. See below for all the new features:
- New Twitter hashtags for each course with automatic tweets announcing new recordings.
- Selection of the display/monitor to record when starting a recording on the Mac.
- More visible ‘recording paused’ indicator on the Mac and PC.
- Copy and move for student and test recordings.
- New ‘Properties’ action to modify the name, date, owner, and type of a recording.
- Re-upload a downloaded Tegrity recording using the ‘Upload video as class’ feature. (Lets you take your movies with you to another Tegrity institution)
Here is the bulletin from the folks at McGraw-Hill/Tegrity about their scheduled downtime during the Thanksgiving Holiday:
Scheduled Maintenance Notification
At Tegrity, delivering the very best service to our customers is paramount. In order to maintain the highest levels of performance and reliability, we will upgrade our technology infrastructure over the Thanksgiving holiday.
For our full cloud-based customers, service may be intermittent from Thursday, November 24 through Sunday, November 27. <—- (This is Us)
For our customers storing content locally through a virtual appliance, service will be available during the times listed above, but may be affected as follows:
- Weekly Summary and Detailed Reports may not be available
- Enhanced podcasts may take longer to process following uploads of new recordings
- Monitor Recordings and Monitor Recorders features may not be available
- Alerts may not appear in the administrative dashboard
Thank you for your understanding as we strive to continue providing your institution the very best service possible.
— Tegrity Team