Welcome back to the blog!
Our welcome gift to you is the gift of time. Consider these resources to make the best use of your time as we move beyond the 12th class day.
- Who we are and how to find us: SHSU Online Staff – Instructional Designers, Blackboard (Bb) Support Desk, Online Media Services, and Online Promotions – we’re here to save you time!
- Bb Tips (*some links will not load unless you are logged into Bb):
- Where Do I Start? – your course view is Blackboard Learn – Original Experience – – so jump to the five basic steps;
- Syllabus Guidelines – just a sampling of helpful information available in the Faculty Handbook – reach out to your Instructional Designer if you need help uploading your syllabus;
- Date Management – it’s not too late in the term to take advantage of the Date Management tool… speed up the transition of old dates to new ones;
- *Engage with video via Kaltura – a quick 1 – 2 minute content introduction video increases instructor presence and provides a brief overview of material that will be covered;
- *VoiceThread – create, share, and comment on images and files – – choose how you wish to communicate: text, phone, microphone, webcam, or audio-file upload;
- *Bb Rubrics – they help students see what success looks like, they provide opportunities for student self-assessment, and contribute to your ability to provide timely and quality feedback allowing student improvement – – an added benefit, speeds up the grading process.
- Other resources to help you stay in touch:
- Check for Understanding during Course Introductions – the “basics” of course expectations can be overwhelming… from edutopia, we offer you tips for formative assessment from the get-go: Dipsticks: Efficient Ways to Check for Understanding;
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Institutional Membership – you can be part of this collaborative community of higher education leaders and innovators by creating a membership – – their mission is one of creating community and connections around quality online and digital learning while driving innovation;
Last, but not least, take a look at the faculty development sessions offered by SHSU Online.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy and productive spring semester. Reach out to us if you need any help!