We are proud to announce a new certification option for Blackboard faculty at SHSU. Participants who complete the Multimedia in Blackboard Courses fully-online faculty development course will receive the “Multimedia Master” certification.
This fully-online certification course provides the Blackboard instructor with the knowledge and skills in both the acquisition and implementation of multimedia for online/face-to-face and hybrid courses. Technologies and best practices are examined in the context of student engagement and success.
Specifically course participants will cover:
- Finding, placing and crediting images in Blackboard courses.
- Finding and placing YouTube videos in Blackboard courses.
- Finding and placing NBC Learn content in Blackboard courses.
- Using Kaltura CaptureSpace Lite to place audio, video and screen captures in your Blackboard course.
- Adding interactive video quizzes to your Blackboard course using Kaltura.
- Best practices around using multimedia in your Blackboard course.
The course will begin on June 1st and is a self-paced course, though we encourage you to interact with those colleagues who are in the course with you. Visit the SHSU Online Faculty Development How-to Session page to sign up.
Course content is found in each module in a sequential format using a Blackboard Learning Unit/Module tool. Course content opens in new tabs for easier reading. At the end of each learning unit, participants will have the opportunity to download module contents via a PDF file link.
Course activities can be found within each module of the course. Activities take place as a student in the Multimedia in Blackboard Courses course and as in instructor in the Multimedia Practice course that you will be added to upon enrollment. Total time investment: 10-12 hours.
Take a look at the Multimedia in Blackboard Courses syllabus for more information.
Visit the SHSU Online Faculty Development How-to Session page to sign up.