|Bb Learn Rubrics||Bb Quiz Generator||Bb Collaborate Ultra||Bb Discussions|
April 2016 has opportunities to learn how to assess and collaborate in ways you may not have imagined. Here are a few examples of our April sessions:
- Learn how to show students what success looks like prior to assignment submission and provide more appropriate feedback when they do turn work in, with Blackboard Rubrics.
- Discover why your colleagues think that web conferencing in your Blackboard classes is a breeze with Collaborate Ultra.
- Find out how to quickly generate quizzes that you can import into your course with the Blackboard Quiz Generator.
Remember that you can also sign up for one-on-one sessions. These sessions can be 5 minutes to an hour and can take place in your office, ours, over the phone and online. Use the same link to sign up for face-to-face or one-on-one sessions.
Visit the SHSU Online Faculty Development How-to Session page to sign up for the following courses:
Main Campus Sessions (see below for full session descriptions)
- 4/5/2016 – Blackboard Collaborate – The Ultra Experience 1pm MURFF 112
- 4/7/2016 – Blackboard Learn: Rubrics – 1pm MURFF 112
- 4/13/2016 – Blackboard Brown Bag: Collaborate the Ultra Experience 12pm MURFF 112
- 4/18/2016 – Blackboard Discussion Forums 1pm MURFF 112
- 04/20/2016 – Blackboard Learn Quiz Generator – Speed up Your Test Creation 1pm MURFF 112
- 04/22/2016 – Blackboard Learn: Blogs Wikis & Journals, Oh My! 11am MURFF 112
- 04/26/2016 – Blackboard Collaborate – the Ultra Experience 1pm MURFF 112
Woodlands Campus Sessions (see below for full session descriptions)
- 4/12 – Blackboard & More – By Request 5pm TWC 209
- 4/26 – Blackboard & More – By Request 5pm TWC 209
Visit the SHSU Online Faculty Development How-to Session page to sign up
Development Session Descriptions
Blackboard Collaborate – The Ultra Experience: Synchronous collaboration in Blackboard just got a whole lot easier. Introducing Blackboard Collaborate – The Ultra Experience. In real-time, share audio, video, chat, files, whiteboard and software applications on your computer with your classmates and instructor. No java plugin needed! Collaborate Ultra runs inside your Internet browser!
Blackboard Learn: Rubrics – Participants will learn how to use the rubric tool that lists evaluation criteria for an assignment, and provide a means to convey expectations to students for the quality of completed assignments. This session lasts approximately 60 minutes.
Blackboard Discussion Forums: This 1 hour sessions covers the ins and outs of Blackboard Discussion forums. Learn how to create, link, manage and grade discussions in Blackboard Learn.
Blackboard Learn Quiz Generator: This tool was developed to help you create quizzes for Blackboard. It allows you to type up the quiz offline in a program like Word or Notepad and not have to go through the trouble of making long quizzes via the Blackboard web interface.
Blackboard Learn: Blogs Wikis & Journals, Oh My! Using the latest and greatest web 2.0 collaborative tools seems like something you should do if only you knew when or how? This 90 minute session goes over each tool and demonstrates some uses cases for when they should be used.
Blackboard & More – By Request: This one hour session is scheduled for SHSU Blackboard instructors who can’t quite make it to Huntsville. An SHSU Online Blackboard export will be at the Woodlands Campus to help answer questions, provide solutions, demonstrations and more around Blackboard and interfacing software applications.