Traditionally there are two ways to copy exams in Blackboard.
- Use the Course Copy Function in Blackboard.
- Export the Exam from one course and import and deploy it in another.
Option 1 works when you are copying into a blank course because it requires copying all exams, content areas and grade center data.
Option 2 works when you just need to move 1 exam and the destination course already has content.
Here are the steps for Option 2:
- Go to your Tests Surveys and Pools Area in your original Bb course section by accessing the Course Tools area of your course’s control panel.
- Click the Tests link.
- Place your mouse on the Exam you wish to copy until the contextual chevron appears. Click on it and choose Export to Local Computer.
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (e.g. your desktop).
- Go to the destination course (where you want to place the exported exam)
- Visit the Tests, Surveys & Pools area of the destination course and Click Tests.
- Click the Import Test button on the action bar.
- Use the Browse my Computer button and attach your previously saved exam file. Click Submit.
- Go to the place where you want to deploy the exam in your destination course (e.g: Exams content area) and add a test via the Assessment button of your Action bar.
- You will then be able to choose the test you want to deploy on the next page.
- Once you have selected the test and set your test options you should be good to go.