Possibly one of the most informative and helpful tools in your Blackboard tool belt is the Performance Dashboard. Blackboard instructors can reap the benefits of keeping on top of how active students are in their courses, just by using this tool.
The Performance Dashboard provides you with a view into all types of user activity in your course or organization. All users enrolled in your course are listed, including instructors, students, teaching assistants, graders, observers, and guests, with pertinent information about each user’s progress and activity.
The Performance Dashboard page appears and displays a summary of information for your course:
- Last Name, First Name, and Username: The user’s name and the username they use to log in to Blackboard Learn.
- Role: A user’s defined role within your course. Examples of roles include instructor, student, grader, teaching assistant, guest, and observer. A user can have one role in a course, and a different role in another.
- Last Course Access: The date and time when a user last accessed your course.
- Days Since Last Course Access: The number of days that has elapsed since the last time a user accessed your course.
- Review Status: Displays how many items have been reviewed. For a detailed view, click the number shown. If the review status tool has not been enabled for your course, this column does not appear.
- Adaptive Release: Displayed only if adaptive release is enabled in your course. Clicking the icon opens a new window showing a directory tree overview of the entire course relative to a user and the access status.
- Discussion Board: Displayed only if the discussion board tool is enabled in your course. Clicking a number link opens the Discussion Board page listing all of the selected user’s discussion board comments in your course.
- Customize Retention Center: Displayed only if the Retention Center tool is enabled in your course. This column shows the number of triggered rules and the number of total rules that may trigger a warning. For example,
2/6would mean a user has triggered two rules out of six total. Clicking the data in this column will display a page showing the Retention Center status for the user.
- View Grades: Displayed only if the Grade Center is enabled. This column provides direct links to the Full Grade Center.
For even more help, watch this quick video on the Performance Dashboard: http://ondemand.blackboard.com/r91/movies/bb91_evaluation_performance_dashboard.htm