Starting Friday, December 20, 2014 at 12 pm, Blackboard will have some added features and settings that will improve the Blackboard experience for faculty and students at Sam Houston State University. The next few blog posts will cover new features and added benefits of Blackboard Learn Service Pack 13.
TEST AVAILABILITY EXCEPTIONS
Test availability exceptions is a set of new settings on the Test Options page, available only after the test is added to a content area. Select one or more groups of students and make a number of exceptions to the already established availability settings. Exceptions can be used to provide an accommodation to a disabled student, or provide accommodations for technology and language differences. Exceptions can be created for:
- Number of attempts
- Force completion
These options can be found on the Test Options page of a Test deployed to a Content Area.
- Click Add User or Group to search for course users and groups to add to the exception list.
- Use the Add User or Group window to search for and select the course user or group for whom the exception is being created.
Note: If you choose to use groups, you must make the group unavailable if you do not want students to see group members.
Select the user(s) or group(s) you wish to add to the exception and press Submit.
- You can then create exceptions for the user(s) and/or group(s) you selected based upon Number of attempts, timer, availability and force completion.
- Use the pull-down menu to select the number of attempts desired
- Enter the Timer value in number of minutes (i.e. 60 minutes)
- Check or uncheck the box for Auto Submit to enable or disable it for this exception. Note: Timer and Force Completion must be enabled in the previous Test Availability step to enable those settings for Exceptions.
- Use the Calendar button under Availability to enter availability dates for this exception if the dates are to be different from the initial Test Option dates, otherwise the dates set in general Test Options will be inherited.
- Check or uncheck the box for Force Completion to enable or disable it for this exception. Note: Timer and Force Completion must be enabled in the previous Test Availability step to enable those settings for Exceptions.
- Click the X at the far right of an individual exception if you wish to delete it, or click Remove all Exceptions to delete all exceptions for the test.
Note: If a Due Date is set on the test, and the Do not Allow Students to start the Test if the due date has passed option is checked – it MUST be unchecked to allow any date availability exception to function beyond the due date set.